Your Guide To: UBER In HK + Free Rides!
This is Your Guide To: UBER In HK + Free Ride Credits!
NEED TO KNOW
What it is: An app that connects you to drivers for easy, cashless rides.
Ride options: As of now in Hong Kong, you’re able to request an
- UberXL (SUVs)
- UberTAXI (taxis that operate on a standard taxi rates)
- UberEXEC/UberBLACK (sample vehicles: Toyota Alphard, Mercedes-Benz S-Class)
- $35 base fare + $2 per minute and $9.32 per km (Non-peak hours)
- Above mentioned fair doubled, tripled and so on depending on peak hour and location.
- Check the website for fare estimates!
- Airport ↔ Kowloon $530 (UberXL/UberBLACK),
- Airport ↔ HK Island $655 (UberXL/UberBLACK)
Sign up here or use the code UBER00006 for your first ride free!
I loathe waiting in line for cabs and anyone who’s tried hailing a cab in Hong Kong around 2 or 3 in the afternoon knows it’s pretty much impossible due to shift changes. With Uber, the stress of waiting around and finding a cab that isn’t “out of service” is eliminated.
Uber has made my life so much easier. It’s reliable and cashless; everything is charged to my debit/credit card which is great because I tend to forget to bring or lose cash all the time.
UberBLACK is great because it’s premium car service for half the price. The drivers are nice, polite, and speak English. The latter is really important to me because I can barely order fried rice from the local restaurants, much less give directions from point A to B.
UberTAXI has easily become my favorite to use because of the countless times I’ve been saved from being late, being drenched in the rain, long cab lines and so on.
The only change I’d like to see in the future is for there to be more drivers available in Kowloon. I’ve had no problems with Uber availability on HK Island though.